Labels

Search This Blog

Monday 15 November 2010

Who put the 'THE' in Wolverine?



Hot to trot Director of the moment Darren Aronofsky has revealed the title of his forth coming Wolverine sequel (drum roll) and the title is...............'THE WOLVERINE'........parp!
My question now is this, why the 'THE'? Isn't Wolverine just his his code name, he's not 'A' Wolverine you wouldn't read GI JOE comics and think ''Oh I love THE Snake Eyes'' unlike Batman who's title is a mantel and is given to him because he dresses as a Bat. But I suspect it's got a lot to do with the Bat movies going for and achieving critical gravitas with THE DARK KNIGHT. I abandoned Wolverine long ago, for me once Chris Claremont stopped writing X-MEN and Logan became the focal point of Marvel the character slowly deflated like a forgotten party balloon and as much as I got a kick out of the first two X-flicks the thrill has definitely gone.
And while I'm at it Requiem for a Dream is a terrible film it's like Trainspotting being directed by Calvin Klien.

Here's an article.

1 comment:

  1. Requiem For A Dream is a fantastic study of addiction and desperation. That you continually fail to understand this is appalling. Granted, it's no Mean Girls.

    ReplyDelete