Labels

Search This Blog

Saturday 9 October 2010

THE FUTURE ?

Dig this, it's a video made in the abandoned Dixie shopping mall. Now I have to admit I'm not 100% on where Dixie is although from what I can make out it one is the one used in the Blues Brothers.
These videos are both beautiful and frightening this ones by jonrev but there's a whole mess of them on you tube.
I'm not a big fan of the shopping mall culture, living in a city that is now dominated by not one but two slap bang in the city center with at least 3 more on it's outskirts it's disappointing to see the detrimental effect they have on the city as a whole. Times change and nothing, even cities stay the same but now thanks to the benefit of photography and film it's easier to compare what we had with what we got and as far as my city is concerned these videos could be a sign of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment